1 cup long grain rice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 green chili
2 scallions, coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
8 ounces cooked chicken
8 ounces cooked shrimp
3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
shrimp crackers, to serve
- Rinse the rice and then cook for 10-12 minutes in 2 cups water in a pan with a tight-fitting lid. When cooked, refresh under cold water.
- Lightly beat the eggs. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a small frying pan and swirl in the beaten egg. When cooked on one side, flip the egg over and cook on the other. Remove from the pan and let cool. Cut the omelet into strips.
- Carefully remove the seeds from the chili and chop finely, wearing rubber gloves to protect your hands, if necessary. Place the scallions, chili and garlic in a blender of food processor and blend to paste.
- Heat the wok, and then add the remaining oil. When the oil is hot, add the chili pasts and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Stir the chicken and shrimp into the chili paste.
- Add the rice and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce and serve with shrimp crackers.