Use ready-made taco shells and fill with tasty ground chicken.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound ground chicken
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
12 taco shells
3 ounces chorizo sausage, chopped
3 scallions, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 head of lettuce, shredded
2 cups grated Cheddar cheese
tomato salsa, to serve
Preheat oven to 350
- Heat the oil in a nonstick frying pan. Add the chicken, salt and cumin and fry over medium heat until the chicken is cooked through, 5-8 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent large lumps from forming.
- Meanwhile, arrange the taco shells in one layer on a large baking sheet and heat the oven for about 10 minutes, or according to the directions on the package.
- Add the chorizo and scallions to the chicken and stir to combine. Cook until just warmed through, stirring occasionally.
- To assemble each taco, place 1-2 spoonfuls of the chicken mixture in the bottom of a warmed taco shell. Top with a generous sprinkling of chopped tomato, shredded lettuce, and grated cheese.
- Serve immediately, with tomato salsa to accompany.